Monday, July 2, 2012

Homemade Onion Pancake: Chinese Snack

I have a special additional post today.  I was asked to post the recipe for this scrumptious food that brings me back to when I was a little girl!  Onion Pancake can be found in the Asian Markets frozen food section and typically eaten when you have Jook or Congee soup.  I wanted some Jook but I didn't have anything to go with it but living in Texas who doesn't have tortillas and eggs? So here's what I did.
bowl big enough to fit a tortilla or a deep plate
frying pan
spatula
butter
3 eggs
2-3 stalks of green onions
dash of garlic powder
dash of seasalt
dash or few twists of pepper
Tortillas

Heat up pan and cut a pad of butter in pan,
In the bowl  mix eggs, chopped up green onion, garlic powder, seasalt, and pepper.
Then dip the tortilla  in the mixture and  once melted butter has glazed the pan put tortilla down
Put some of the egg and onion mixture on top and then take another tortilla and dip in egg mixture
place on top of the tortilla already in the pan and press on the edge of the tortilla til sealed and flip.
If it puffs up it's ok, once flipped it will deflate and grow again.
Once it's a golden brown place on paper towel and use scissors to cut them.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment