Monday, July 22, 2013

up-cycle old clothes and make a : No Sew Dog toy with pics!!!!

The other day I was cleaning out my closet of clothes I didn't wear.  Most I donated but a few I liked but I didn't like the fact they were xxl and long sleeve.  It never felt like it would fit right with the sleeves so I cut them off..  So now I have a sleeveless shirt button down and I am able to wear it over a swim suit, or tank top in the hot Texas sun.  I decided I would keep the buttons off the sleeves and decided I'd figure out what to do with the sleeves themselves. I continued to clean and realized looking at my dog and seeing he had nothing to play with and his old toys are all well... old.  He only likes plushie stuff.  So my idea came to me.... No Sew Dog Toy:
Malcolm enjoying his toy!


 You will need: a sleeve of a shirt, scissors, poly-fil and a squeaker.


  First cut off all buttons on the sleeve or any decorative thing you deem not safe for your dog.


  2nd tie the cuff end of the sleeve. Make sure you are as close to the cuff and possible.




 3rd get your poly-fil fiber and squeaker and stuff into sleeve until you have it the size you want.








 Push all the fiber and squeaker down to the base and tie off the top in a knot.




Finally give it a squeak and toss to your lovely Furbaby and let them have at it! It will have your scent and  you no waste will be had. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment